‘WHERE I AM FROM’ POEM ASSIGNMENT
Your assignment is to create a descriptive poem about your identity. Your poem will follow the same style and format as George Ella Lyon poem ‘Where I am From”.
The Purpose of the “Where I am from” poems is to show your ability to vividly express your identity through poetry.
Your Poem should use the hook “I am from”. Your poem should use: Descriptive adjectives, detailed descriptions, and specific examples.
What you have to do?
1.Fill out the brainstorming chart
- Using the words from your brainstorming chart make a rough draft of your “Where I am from Poem” using the poem template page
- Once you are happy with the quality of your rough draft you are going to TYPE up a good copy of your poem.
What you good copy should look like:
1) Your poem should include a title
2) Your poem should be at yeast three stanza’s long
3) Your poem should have your name at the bottom of the page
4) Your poem should have a border and be decorated with relevant pictures, colors, and designs
***SEE ATTACHED RUBRIC***